Jimmy Kimmel has given us an official guide to rid ourselves of unwanted Facebook friends. He shared his tips on his show last night… if nothing else, they are a good laugh!
“So this year, I came up with a point system to help you out. If any of your so-called friends make it to 50 points, make them an un-friend.
Here’s how you do it!
· If they change their profile picture more than once a month: that’s 5 points
· If they took their profile picture in the bathroom mirror using their cell phone: that’s 5 points
· If they’ve ever posted more than three photos of food: those are worth 5 points each.
· If they’ve ever posted the phrase “OMG, my friends are the best:” that’s 5 points
· For every picture of a pet: 8 points.
· If they’ve ever said the word “yum” in a status update: that’s 10 points
· If they’ve ever posted a picture of a sunset: that’s 15 points
· If they’ve ever uploaded an embarrassing picture of you from Jr High and tagged you in it: that’s 15 points
· If they’ve posted their opinion on gay marriage, no matter what it is: that’s 20 points
· If they’ve invited you to see their band play more times than you’ve talked in person: that’s 30 points
· If they’ve ever used the phrase “amazeballs”: that’s 40 points
· And if the person is your mom: that’s 50 points – An automatic unfriend.
Okay… so will you be following any of these guidelines?