Teen Mom Star Catelynn Lowell Hits the Bong Hard

Teen Mom Star Catelynn Lowell Hits the Bong Hard

Sigh. I wanted to think that maybe one (just one) of the girls from MTV’s hit show Teen Mom, might make it out of the trappings of reality TV without being caught up in the seedier stuff. They all seem to end up hooked on drugs, in trouble with the law or having naked photos leaked by ex pals all over the internet. This time around it’s Catelynn Lowell who is making headlines.

RELATED: Catelynn Lowell Make a Spicy Sex Confession Oh MY!

Up until today she was heralded as a positive example as she triumphed over a childhood surrounded by junkies and then opted to give her baby up for adoption in order to ensure that the little girl would really be raised well. This morning TMZ posted a photo of what most definitely looks like Catelynn hitting a huge glass bong at a party last month. When her manager was asked to comment he would neither confirm nor deny, but his answer was quite telling none the less.

“Like many other young adults, Catelynn, at times, struggles with making the best decisions for her health and career. As her manager, I have strongly advised her to exercise good judgment at all times. She must learn from her mistakes. This will serve as a teachable moment in her development as a young woman.”

That leads me to believe that it most certainly is Catelynn in the photograph. Do you think this one very public misstep will damage her former positive roll model example? Do you think maybe it’s proof of where Catelynn really is at in her life and the beginning of a visual downward spiral? Could it be a one time thing, although she looks pretty comfortable with that bong, don’t you think?

Do you think Catelynn is like all of the rest of the Teen Mom girl’s and has just managed to hide it better? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!

LINKS FROM SOME OF OUR FRIENDS

Comments

1. THEYRE REAL PEOPLE TOO says:

Maybe she got a babysitter, went to a small party and smoked some pot. *GASP* Just because you’re on TV doesn’t mean that bong hits = downward spiral. Maybe the person who took the picture should mind their own business (given they were at the same party) and work on getting a job versus selling crappy cellphone snaps to TMZ for $50

• Joan Griggs says:

I say give her a break she was the most mature one of the whole show ..if she made a mistake she will realize it very quickly..she did the right thing for her child wasn’t an easy choice

2. Stephanie says:

I think everyone should leave her alone… She made the best decision for her child and people do make mistakes…Hello tell me a star that hasn’t been involved in worse events then smoking pot! Seriously the so called friend trying to make a dollar really does need a better day job

3. John says:

Wait, what? We are still calling pot a drug? Is this the dark ages? C’mon peoples, how many more years are we going to have to sit back and nod our heads along with the same b/s spiel about marijuana being a “dangerous gateway drug” before we stand up and firmly state that the Reefer Madness hype is totally overdone and completely moronic? Leave that poor girl alone….honestly. I mean, let’s answer this question. How many people at that same party drank that totally legal booze that was there and then did something completely stupid that they already do or inevitably will regret at some point?

This drug war crap is so overdone. So is this invading other people’s lives crap. Grow up.

4. dave says:

too bad ,so sad. this is just another mistake in a long string of them, beginning with giving u her baby. what a loser. and dr drew and the show should be ashamed of themselves for glorifying teen pregnancy they have dropped our society’s morals to an all time low.

• AnGie M. says:

Actually, YOU may well be the loser. I dont see loser at all when I look at Caitlyn. In fact, she has more sense, more values, more stability and more care than most even among the older generation. She IS a teen Mom. Remember that. And giving up her child to a family far better equipped, financially, as well as many other areas (at the time) is an absolutely selfLESS choice and one made solely out of LOVE. PURE LOVE. I suggest you walk a mile in her shoes before you start to judge her…or…well, anyone. Youre very rude and show NO class at all. Caitlyn has you beat by a long shot in maturity and genuine care of others, already, by a long shot. And thats just going off your comment alone!

• jennifer estrada says:

Caitlyn has not shown any of the things you are tryna glorify her in!!! first off giving up your baby doesnt make you a better person,even if the people are filthy rich!! money doesnt make a parent!! she should off kept her legs close or not have had sex at an early age!! im sure she knew damn well what was gonna happen after unprotected sex. its not rocket science!! so how can anyone sit their and say she genuinely cares about people when she didnt even have the heart to keep her own child!!?!! people like her only care about THEM SELF and no one else…… She hasn’t finished school, hasn’t worked a real job and hasn’t accomplished any of the things she soposbly gave her child up for!!! … i know i aint noone to be judging but chicks like this fire me up!!!

• Dawn says:

tryna to glorify hrt in = trying to glorify.
          Also the 1st letter of new sentence is ALWAYS capitalized.
          she should HAVE closeD or not had
          what was going TO
          sit THERE not their
          only care about THEMSELVES
          Supposedly aint = am not anyone
          Now lets get back tot he education part shall we..AHEM!!! idiot.

5. Kim says:

1. She gave her child up for adoption, and has every right to be young and party. 2. It’s weed. Better than the jersey shore crowd falling all over the place drunk on the show.

6. DOROTHY ONEILL says:

I THINK CAITLYN AND TYLER ARE THE BEST COUPLE YET, I HOPE THEY ARE STILL GETTING MARRIED AND HAVE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN IN THE FUTURE THEY CAN CARE FOR. IT WAS A VERY DIFFICULT TIME FOR THEM BOTH AND HER MOTHER SURE WAS NO HELP. AT LEAST TYLOR HAS A MOM WITH HER WITS ABOUT HER.
    AS FAR AS JANELLE GOES SHE IS PUTTING EVERYTHING BUT HER SON TO BE HER MAIN FOCUS, SMOKING, GIVE ME A BREAK , SHE JUST WANTS HER FREEDOM AND AS MUCH AS SHE FIGHTS WITH HER MOM SHE KNOW SHE WILL BE THERE FOR HER SON SO SHE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT ANYTHIN ELSE BUT HERSELF.SHE REALLY NEEDS TO GROW UP AND FACE WHAT IS IMPORTANT, TRUST ME , HER SON WILL REMEMBER WHO WAS THERE FOR HIM. I CAN SEE NOW WHY HER MOTHER IS ON HER ALL THE TIME BUT SHE HAS NO INTENTIONS OF CHANGING.

7. DOROTHY ONEILL says:

I HAVE MORE TO SAY, LETS NOT CRUCIFY CAITLYN NOW THAT YOU HAVE THIS ONE THING ON HER, TALK ABOUT ALL THE GOOD SHE HAS BEEN TRYING TO DO WITH HER LIFE WITH TYLER. SHE HAD MORE BRAINS IN HER LITTLE FINGER COMPARED TO HER MOTHER AND TYLER’S FATHER, THEY ARE THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF HER PROBLEMS AND SHE HAS DUG HER WAY OUT AND WILL MAKE MISTAKES ON THE WAY. SHE IS A CARING PERSON AND DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BEAT UP OVER THIS BONG BUSINESS. THEY BOTH GRADUATED FROM SCHOOL WHICH WAS A BIG THING , GOT THEIR OWN APT. AND THEY HAD TYLER’S FATHER COME IN AND CAUSE PROBLEMS BECAUSE HE CANNOT MAN UP AS A FATHER, HE IS NOTHING BUT A LOSER. THOSE TWO SHOULD GET AWAY FROM EVERYONE AND GET THEIR LIVES STARTED INSTEAD OF BEING BABYSITTERS FOR THEIR PARENTS..

8. nicole says:

Who hasn’t hit a bong? It’s something we all try and it’s not like she was doing meth, cocaine, o heroin! WHO CARES! She is still a role model for young girls!

9. Joseph Wales says:

Caitlyn has shown MORE sense than DRAMA Queen Amber, or Janelle . Just leave her alone. At least she shows her parents RESPECT. Janele is a sicko!!

10. Marny says:

Being a teen is tough enough without your life being splattered all over the networks and magazines.

Tyler might back away based on ‘enough is enough’ with his father.

Sad. I hope Caitlyn will get help — giving up her child has to have consequences on Caitlyn that she hasn’t dealt with yet.

11. Beverly J. Jackson says:

Caught with DRUGS? REALLY?! I agree with most of the comments above that have said it best already- pot is not a drug! Hell, I expected to see the chick tootin up a line or chasin a dragon, but no! She was hitting a BONG! Critics will bash anyone for anything they can just to get someone to read their crap. If all she”s doing is hitting a bong at a party, She’s doing great compared to the rest of the Teen Mom sensations… didn’t one get sent to prison for drugs? And tried to commit suicide! Now who’s really on a downward spiral?

12. Melissa Ridner says:

People make mistakes. That is how we learn. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

13. Sage Woman says:

Maybe the fact that most open adoptions are shams to convince young girls to give up their babies. We all know she considers herself a role model. I’d be feeling pretty guilty if I found out young girls are deciding on adoption because of her and then hearing about the results. She’s fallen into the adoption pond – where lawyers and agencies realize there is big money out there for babies and will do anything to help young girls feel they aren’t prepared to mother. Adoption is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

• M says:

Sage woman… WTH are you talking about? Adoption is a VERY viable solution for a person who isn’t ready to be a parent. I was adopted, and now, after meeting my biological siblings, I definitely made out better. I was given a WONDERFUL life with amazing parents because of adoption.

14. DANEIL says:

She is a role model for others and this does nothing to change that. It’s pot for goodness sakes. Give it up, leave her alone.

15. cher says:

Its pot so what, at least it’s not booze

16. Sacha says:

There are very few wrong things that she can do now that I am interested in hearing about. In my opinion, the worst wrong thing she can do in her lifetime at this point she has already done… Giving away baby Carly. I pray she and Tyler never have more children. I am happy they are still together and I wish them happiness. I just pray they never are able to become parents again. When they gave Carly away I feel like they earned the pain of never getting to have that blessing again. I could care less if she was smoking pot or not, as far as I’m concerned she ruined her life and her image and her baby’s life when she gave her daughter away.

17. n.williams says:

How do we know it was even pot? Seriously there are Hookah bars all over the country that use OMG GASP bongs! Adoption is a good thing for some people. My son is adopted and I am grateful to his birthmother., The idiot who said adoption is a permanent solution for a temporary problem must have confused the word suicide with adoption. A child is not temporary EVER.

18. foff says:

Oh, STFU. You people make me sick, pretending that marijuana smoke is anything to even care about. She’s an adult, she can smoke all she wants. She doesn’t have babies. It is just disgusting that people are still perpetuating archaic lies about something as simple and harmless as a 20 year old girl hitting a bong at a party. If anything, she deserves a nod of approval, that even though she made the nasty mistake of getting pregnant as a teenager, she didn’t try to raise a baby she wasn’t ready for and she waited until she was an adult to party and have fun. I bet if she was 21, having a beer at a party, no picture would be taken and no person would ever hear about it. Disgusting.

19. Jaye says:

Getting caught with pot is the equivalent of a traffic ticket in my state.

20. Steve says:

Better a bong for this fatty. Thank God no naked pics.

21. Scott says:

Pot should be legal and is on some level in 12 states. Its way better than alcohol.

22. AnGie M. says:

Believe me, theres sooo much worse she could have gotten into, especially with her star status. It usually happens, right? I STILL look at her as quite the role model to Teen Moms. No, I do NOT think this is a red flag to a downward spiral to come. I think we should all focus on all the GOOD this very young woman/Mother has done and let go of this one ‘bad’ thing. Quite honestly? Im relieved its just marijuana. In fact, if she were caught on camera ridiculously drunk from alcohol, Id be way more concerned, as should you. Alcohol is a serious problem and can become one quickly, especially to someone who does have family with an addictive personality. It is in her genes, so yeah, Id say she should definitely reflect and learn from this, as she is viewed as a role model somewhat and she should use that platform for good, always. But I dont believe she should be crucified or her career/platform damaged due this very incident.