Travel Like a Celebrity This Spring Break or Summer Travel Season
Trippy (www.Trippy.com), a social travel site and app, makes it easy for you to get inspiration from friends, other users and even some top celebrities and influencers, who are all sharing their favorite travel destinations and tips through Trippy’s visual inspiration boards. Trippy’s advisors, which include celebrities like Rachel Zoe, Jason Mraz, Soleil Moon Frye, Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern and Chase Jarvis, are using the site to discuss and share their favorite travel destinations around the world. With the peak travel season around the corner, I thought you might be interested in referencing Trippy as a tool you can use to collect inspiration and tips from celebrities to travel like them.
Trippy’s advisors provide individual perspectives on travel that appeal to any type of traveler. Here are some examples of what they’re sharing, based on their various travel interests:
- If you’re the vegan yogi type or an overall music fan… check out Jason Mraz’s inspiration board on Trippy. Jason recommends One Lucky Duck in NYC for an ice cream fix, saying the “almond buttercup raw ice cream is insane” or Hill Street Café in Oceanside, CA for avocado burritos. For those planning an exotic getaway, Jason recommends the Bali Deli in Bali, describing it as “the biggest market for imports (and some local produce and product). It’s a great spot to know about, especially if you need something in particular.” For yogis, Jason recommends Pure Yoga or Jivamukti Yoga School in NYC.
- If you’re traveling with the kids… Soleil Moon Frye has you covered with her Trippy inspiration boards. Moon Frye recommends the NYC staple Serendipity3 and LA’s Chinatown for spending time with the kids. She says the Venice Boardwalk in Venice, CA is one of her “favorite places to take the kids” and riding the cable cars in San Francisco is “such a fun experience for the little ones.”
- If you’re a foodie… Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern share their favorite restaurants and bars around the world on their Trippy boards. According to Bourdain, Willie Mae’s Scotch House in New Orleans is “far and away the best fried chicken – anywhere” while Etxebarri in France “has the most amazing grilled food” and is “where the great chefs want to die.” Love Oysters? Zimmern says The Walrus and the Carpenter in Seattle “is the place to go for Oysters.” He also recommends a plate of charcuterie at Le Rubis as a great lunch option if you’re touring around Paris this summer.
- If you’re looking to travel like a fashionista… look no further than stylist Rachel Zoe’s Trippy boards. She recommends Emporio Armani Caffe in Milan, IT, saying “who doesn’t want a little piece of Mr. Armani? Their cappuccino is insane!” For vintage shopping, Zoe calls William Vintage in London the “best vintage store ever!” and says “I literally die for William and his team- he even tailors every piece to my specifications.” If you’re running around Paris during Fashion Week, Zoe recommends Hemingway Bar: “this is my Paris ‘go-to!’ During Fashion Week, it’s the perfect place to meet for drinks — it’s very chic.” In NYC, she recommends The Carlyle hotel, saying it “epitomizes New York glamour.”
- If you’d like to travel with your pet… check out Boo’s favorite pet-friendly travel spots on Trippy!
To use Trippy, simply Facebook Connect, browse through its database of travel photos, which include comments and tips about the places from other users, and collect your favorite ones to start building your own visual inspiration boards. Each photo is geo-tagged so you’ll always remember where a photo was taken, and can easily get handy information about that location (you can view it on a map, get the contact info, etc.), When you’re ready to turn your board into a trip, Trippy shows you your friends who know about where you’re traveling to, so you can quickly and easily ask them for ideas as well.