Halle Berry on Brink of Emotional Collapse

Halle Berry on Brink of Emotional Collapse

Custody battles are never easy and it appears that Halle Berry’s battle with ex, Gabriel Aubry, is nowhere near a resolution. The actress is supposedly leaving in dire fear for her safety in Los Angeles and has requested permission to up and move, with four-year-old Nahla, to France. The biggest hurdle here is the fact that the original custody report states that Nahla should not be separated from Gabriel, as her father plays a huge role in her life. The report also states that it would be of detriment to the little girl to keep her from her father, for long periods of time. Apparently Halle knows that her chances of being able to move from this country with Nahla aren’t very good and the whole situation is causing her to collapse emotionally. The National Enquirer says,

Halle is paranoid and her nerves are as frayed as I’ve ever seen them,” revealed a pal. “She fears every camera flash that goes off in her face and sincerely believes she or her daughter is going to come to serious harm if the two remain in Los Angeles. “Friends are worried she’s going to fall off the edge. These horrible events are scary enough for Halle, but now that she is a mom, she feels both she and Nahla are targets. That’s why if a judge blocks the move to France, we all fear the worst. It could send her spiraling further downward.”

I fully understand trying to protect your child, but Halle can still do that in THIS country. I am pretty sure that there are plenty of places that she could set up a low key lifestyle for herself and Nahla. It is not absolutely necessary to flee the country as she is trying to do. The original custody report also lambasted Halle and Gabriel for not putting their personal differences aside in favor of co-parenting Nahla. This to me sounds like another attempt to keep a parent from their child do to an ugly split. Gabriel won the last round by maintaining visitation with Nahla and so now a furious Halle is trying another way to keep him from seeing her.

Do you think Halle is really at risk or is it just another ploy in an already ugly custody mess? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!

Image credit: Miguel/Sasha/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES

1. katefraser says

The topless pics of Kate Middleton, should be all the judge needs to rule against Halle’s argument that France will somehow be better for her and Nahala. seems like they will want to photograph her daughter topless there…so it sounds like child endangerment to me.

2. junebug says

Does her attitude have anything to do with the head injury she had recently?

3. Nan says

She’s just trying to move to France because her boyfriend is from France and must want to move back there. She doesn’t have to live in LA. She can move to Iowa, Idaho, Louisiana, Minnesota, Florida, lots of places. These celebrities think the USA consists of LA and NYC. When I got divorced, it was written in the decree that I could not move out of a certain mileage radius, and I honored that. If something had come up, I would have requested a change, but I wouldn’t have made any changes that would have made it difficult for the father to see the children. In fact, I made it super easy for him, and he didn’t see them enough, his fault.

4. Kate says

I think Halle Berry’s been emotionally unstable for a long time. I’m sure this is stressing her out, but I believe the real motive is that her fiance is French and he probably wants to live there. Halle is probably thinking if she gets Nahla to France they can live as a happy little family and ignore Gabriel Aubry’s existence as much as possible.

5. kimcheee says

France is such a wonderful and safe country. They have one of the best health care systems in the world. If Nahala was my daughter, I’d prefer that she live in France for a while. That would be a wonderful experience. Who cares about the paps and Ms.Topless Princess? She should have known they’d follow her on vacation. They follow the Royals everywhere. Halle Berry isn’t nearly that famous. She shouldn’t worry about that.

6. Papparazzi is worse in France - Seriously!! says

She is using this as another ploy to get Nahla away from her Dad. From what just happened recently in France with Kate Middleton and the Prince, can’t imagine how they will be safer there. Nice try Halle.