The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 Teaser Trailer Teases Peeta’s Capture And Brainwashing (VIDEO)

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 Teaser Trailer Teases Peeta's Capture And Brainwashing (VIDEO)

The promotion for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 is kicking into high gear, and we’ve just received our first official teaser trailer for the movie. It’s a neat piece of Capitol propaganda, showing President Snow [Donald Sutherland] simultaneously inspire, reassure, and threaten a nation all at once. Only Donald Sutherland could have pulled off that speech without making it sound schlocky.

However, the big ‘reveal’ of the teaser is when the camera slowly pans out to reveal that it’s Peeta Mellark [Josh Hutcherson] who is standing next to Snow. Is he brainwashed? Is he just playing along? Readers of the book will know exactly what’s happening, but movie fans will have to wait a bit longer to find out.

Overall, the trailer is a very effective piece of movie propaganda. It both serves to illustrate the story at hand, but also work as an effective piece of promotion without giving away any major movie secrets. And keep in mind, this is just the first teaser trailer, rumored to be playing in front of Transformers this weekend. Several online sources have said that we will be receiving a rebel-oriented second teaser trailer in the coming weeks, before the full theatrical trailer is released at Comic-Con this year.

We’re guessing that the second teaser will be focused on Katniss Everdeen [Jennifer Lawrence] and the rebel propaganda videos, played in juxtaposition with the Capitol propaganda videos.

Seriously, Lionsgate’s marketing team has been knocking it out of the park with these movies. Snow’s ‘Panem Today, Panem Tomorrow, and Panem Tomorrow’ sent chills down my spine.

What do you guys think of the trailer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

1. LaQuita says

Absolutely love the trailer! Looking forward to the third part of this series. huge fan over here! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Aimee says

My daughters are so excited for this can’t wait to see more trailers ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Jenn says

I love love love this movie! I read the books many years ago and was excited to hear they were coming out with the movie. When the first one was so good, I was sure to be disappointed with the sequel. Surprisingly it was just as good!!

4. Alyssa aka AMotherhoodBlog says

I wasn’t really into The Hunger Games movies until recently when I came across the first one and decided to finally give it a watch! Now to carve out some time to watch the others and catch up, this new installment looks to be a good one! Thanks for sharing!

5. LaQuita says

6. Aimee says

My daughters are so excited for this can’t wait to see more trailers ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Paula Schuck says

I love this! My dd is 12 and totally dying to see the next movie.

8. Christine says

I love Donald Sutherland! He always plays interesting characters! Looking forward to seeing more! The trailer leaves viewers craving more ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Jenn says

10. Alyssa aka AMotherhoodBlog says

11. Paula Schuck says

I love this! My dd is 12 and totally dying to see the next movie.

12. Christine says