Kristen Stewart Dropped From Snow White And The Huntsman – The Film Will Now Focus On Chris Hemsworth’s Character!

67th Annual Cannes Film Festival - "Sils Maria" Premiere

Kristen Stewart‘s career has left the realm of mainstream blockbusters forever, further proven by the fact she has officially been dropped from the Snow White and the Huntsman sequel. Despite Kristen’s name bringing in a bucket load of Twi-hards for the movie and making over $50 million in its opening weekend, producers have decided that they don’t need Kristen anymore.

It’s been reported in the trades this morning that Walking Dead creator [the show, not the comics] Frank Darabont is in talks to direct the movie, with Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron reportedly signing on to reprise their roles as the Huntsman and the Evil Queen, respectively.

It’s certainly odd that the sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman won’t contain Snow White, but hey, that’s Hollywood for you. After Kristen’s affair with Rupert Sanders on the first film, I don’t think they’re ready for the host of negativity surrounding the sequel.

I’m not sure how they’re planning on bringing back Charlize’s character, since she died in the first film. Some people are suggesting that they could be going the prequel route, but the Huntsman and the Evil Queen meet for the first time in the first film, so they don’t really have a history there, either.

However, what’s annoying is Hollywood’s continued insistence on making male-oriented blockbusters. Yes, Kristen had an affair with her director two years ago, but she was also the reason that SWATH opened big in the first place. Hollywood’s proved over and over again that they have questionable moral ambiguity, so their response to SWATH’s controversy is to throw out the female lead and make it a male-centered action franchise? If they’re going to get rid of Kristen, the least they could do is focus on the Queen instead, no?

It’s annoying and sexist and deplorable, and it shows that Hollywood still hasn’t changed. Rupert Sanders getting fired from the franchise makes sense, but I doubt Kristen is going to go ahead and sleep with Frank Darabont, if that’s their concern. Why get rid of the biggest box office draw in your line-up, despite her personal controversies?

What do you guys think? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Image credit to FameFlynet

1. Kareem Williams says

Wow! That is missed up, she did a great just in the last Snow White movie.

2. Kareem Williams says

Wow! That is missed up, she did a great just in the last Snow White movie.

3. aimee fauci says

Even though I enjoy shows and movies.. I do not like Hollywood in so many ways. Too political and so many are going in the wrong direction.

4. Kungphoo says

Acting from what i just read is pretty cut throat.. She is a great actress..

5. Hilary @ The RNY Life says

Considering people still want to work with Lindsay Lohan I’m sure she will be fine. She’s a decent actress and her romantic life shouldn’t be brought into her films. It’ll be interesting to see how this turns out because I can’t imagine a sequel without Snow White but then again The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows so I’m really interested to see how he directs this.

6. Barbara Bishop says

I hope nobody goes and sees it when it hits the theathers, forcing it straight to DVD that dont sell..

7. Felicia says

Hollywood is still very much a ‘mans club’ were the females are shunned for acting just like their male counterparts.

I don’t know much about the affair or whatever it was and if it effected filming but if it didn’t effect the film in a negative way what the hell is the big deal.

Granted I couldn’t stand Twilight but it wasn’t because of Kristen, the books and movies, were just horrible story telling but that the authors issue not the actors.

Kristin was amazing and I hope her career doesn’t fall flat because of this.

8. aimee fauci says

9. Kungphoo says

Acting from what i just read is pretty cut throat.. She is a great actress..

10. Hilary @ The RNY Life says

11. Barbara Bishop says

12. Kayla says

Crazy! I can’t keep up with hollywood drama. I still need to see the first film!

13. Tosh says

She is an amazing actress!! I hate that about the affair!

14. Felicia says

Kristin was amazing and I hope her career doesn’t fall flat because of this.

15. Kayla says

16. Tosh says

She is an amazing actress!! I hate that about the affair!