New ‘Mockingjay’ Trailer Shows Katniss Getting Ready For Battle – Awesome Or Too Short?

New 'Mockingjay' Trailer Shows Katniss Getting Ready For Battle - Awesome Or Too Short?

Because Jennifer Lawrence is Jennifer Lawrence, she manages to sell The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 with just her face by the end of this teaser trailer. Overall, Lionsgate is taking it much slower with the marketing materials this time around, focusing on ‘teasing’ the movie as opposed to releasing anything concrete. By this time last year, we’d already gotten two full-length trailers for Catching Fire, not to mention several posters and promotional material.

In contrast, for Mockingjay, we have two Propaganda videos, one one-sheet poster, and this newly released teaser trailer. What gives, Lionsgate? You made us wait all this time only to release that?

To be fair, the teaser is excellent. It’s dark, emotional, and shows an increased sense of scale from Catching Fire to Mockingjay. The scope has been expanded to include all of Panem, and we see the full scale of rebellion as the the Capitol tries to battle against its own people. We see the people scamper up trees to get away from Capitol soldiers, and we see them running up some sort of spiraling stairways. And then we see the Mockingjay symbol burned into a crop field somewhere, with President Snow intoning that anything or anyone associated with the symbol is banned.

Up until that point, we’d only seen the back of Katniss as she walked among a group of people, all looking at her as though she was a god. And then, someone asks her if she’s going to stay and fight with them. The trailer cuts back to Katniss’s face, and with a look suggesting fear, resolve, and determination, Katniss sells the revolution by admitting, “I am. I will.”

Chills! It’s an effective teaser trailer, but I still want more! I’m hoping the next teaser comes out next month, especially since we only have a few months to the film’s release.

1. Jessica Peeling says

I loved the other movies! It isn’t long enough, but like you said, that’s a teaser trailer for you! I can’t wait to see this.

2. I am probably one of two people in the world that didn’t see the original which is weird because I love Jennifer Lawrence. I want to be able to watch them back to back now. Everyone knows that a sequel is never as good so they are just trying to build it up better.

3. Dawn says

I’m super stoked about this movie. I love the books, and they’ve done a fairly decent job keeping the movies true to them.

4. Jessica Peeling says

5. Kungphoo says

Awesome trailer.. i have not seen this before, but it was really great! I may have to go out and see it.

6. Jenivieve says

I am super excited to see this film when it comes out. I read the books after watching the first movie and I think they did a pretty good job!

7. I am probably one of two people in the world that didn’t see the original which is weird because I love Jennifer Lawrence. I want to be able to watch them back to back now. Everyone knows that a sequel is never as good so they are just trying to build it up better.

8. Chrissy M says

I loved the first one but the 2nd was ehhhh. Hoping this 3rd one is good πŸ™‚

9. Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) says

Very cool trailer! I have not seen that before!

10. Chasity Boatman says

I’m a huge fan of the book series and the franchise. I can’t wait until the movie comes out.

11. Michelle F. says

I can not wait to see this movie. I saw the first two.

12. Dawn says

13. Danielle says

I watched the first movie and just couldn’t get into it I know that I am the minority on this one but I hope that everyone that likes these movies enjoys this one too.

14. Kungphoo says

15. Rochelle says

I might be the only person in the world that’s not a huge Hunger Games fan. It’s a great story, it just stresses me out so much that I can’t enjoy it. Weird, I know. I watched the first movie and thought it was very well done. The second one makes me so mad/stressed. I might watch it if I’m forced into it. But I won’t go willingly. Not because it’ll be badly done, but because I’m a nervous mother hen with probably an anxiety disorder. πŸ™‚

16. Jenivieve says

17. Chrissy M says

I loved the first one but the 2nd was ehhhh. Hoping this 3rd one is good πŸ™‚

18. Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) says

Very cool trailer! I have not seen that before!

19. Chasity Boatman says

20. Michelle F. says

I can not wait to see this movie. I saw the first two.

21. Danielle says

22. Rochelle says

23. jane says

i guess i am the only person who cannot relate to this topic. hah I have never seen this hunger game

24. Twana Tells says

OMG I can’ t wait for this to come out

25. Rebecca Swenor says

These are awesome movies. I can’t wait to see the next one. It should be fantastic like the first two. Thanks for sharing.

26. Rach @ Eazy Peazy Mealz says

I can’t wait. I am so excited. It comes out on my anniversary, so I told the hubs that is what we are doing. Haha

27. mary says

OK Now I’m so excited. I can’t wait til this comes out. I want more more more trailers!!!

28. Jenny says

i haven’t read these books, but i did see the first movie. i didn’t think it was anything special. was actually kinda predictable πŸ˜› iuno, just not my kind of movie.

29. Christie says

I cannot wait for this movie to come out!! been counting down days!

30. jane says

31. Rosey says

I haven’t seen any of these yet. I feel very behind the times. πŸ™‚

32. Twana Tells says

OMG I can’ t wait for this to come out

33. Risa says

Hunger Games was on Netflix and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I got through about 30 minutes and said I don’t like this and turned it off. I was the same way with the Twilight movies…

34. Rebecca Swenor says

35. Rach @ Eazy Peazy Mealz says

36. mary says

37. Jenny says

38. Christie says

I cannot wait for this movie to come out!! been counting down days!

39. Rosey says

I haven’t seen any of these yet. I feel very behind the times. πŸ™‚

40. Risa says

41. Emilee says

I still haven’t seen Catching Fire yet πŸ™

42. Marielle Altenor says

I had not seen the preview yet for this one! Still need to see the second movie first!

43. samantha says

i never seen the preview, thank you very much, i never really got into this but the hubby loves stuff like this, ill be sure to direct him here to see the preview

44. Emilee says

I still haven’t seen Catching Fire yet πŸ™

45. Marielle Altenor says

46. samantha says

47. Natalie says

Can’t get that trailer to work, but I can’t wait til this comes out, I love this movie and Jennifer is just one awesome actress.

48. Natalie says

49. Ashley Nicholas says

I cannot WAIT to see this movie! I’m such a Hunger Games fanatic!

50. Ashley Nicholas says

I cannot WAIT to see this movie! I’m such a Hunger Games fanatic!