Jennifer Lawrence And Other Celebrities Target Of Massive Nude Photo Scandal

Jennifer Lawrence And Other Celebrities Target Of Massive Nude Photo Scandal

It’s ironic that Jennifer Lawrence gave Shailene Woodley advice not to make a sex tape, but her own nude photos [and possible videos] have been leaked to the whole Internet this morning. It’s also sad, considering Jennifer’s one of the few A-list celebrities that seems to genuinely cherish her privacy and private life.

Several nude photos of Jennifer were leaked this morning on 4Chan, with the hacker promising several more photos and videos on the way. Jennifer was not the only target of the hacker, who also released photos and videos of major A-list and B-list celebrities, including [allegedly] Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ariana Grande, Victoria Justice, and Kate Upton – just to name a few.

Obviously, this isn’t the first time that celebrity nudes have leaked online, but it certainly may be the biggest.

The hacker reportedly got the photos off iCloud thanks to a leak, even though many of these actresses’ photos had been deleted a long time ago. However, the leak enabled the hacker to access the deleted photos, because apparently, the Internet never deletes ANYTHING permanently. It’s unfortunate for those actresses, who took those photos in a private setting, probably meant for their lovers, but the privacy they were promised by their phones and accounts came undone thanks to Apple’s lack of control over its Cloud.

Jennifer’s lawyers have been the most aggressive in getting these photos shut down, and the hacker’s probably headed for several years of jail time. Authorities have reportedly detailed him already, and it was apparently not very difficult for them to do so – he was boasting about his hacking skills on 4Chan, and even posted an email for users to send their Bitcoins to.

Image credit: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES

1. NicolaLoves says

Mortified for her.

2. NicolaLoves says

Mortified for her.

3. Samantha Angell says

Thats too bad for her, she’s always seemed like such a great and real celeb. At the same time though, people tend to make way too big of a deal of naked pictures- whatever, it’s a body. I’ve got one, you do too, and so does anyone else reading this…now lets move on and be adults.

4. Tessa Smith says

How horrible for her. She should not have ever allowed them to be taken in the first place though if she did not want them to ever have a chance of leaking. I agree with Samantha though – who cares, its just a naked body.

5. Sara says

This is what happens when people use their skills for evil.
    An invasion of privacy. Totally despicable.

6. Samantha Angell says

7. Patty says

If you linked to them you are as guilty of invading her privacy as the hacker. Why give him the additional link. Why make it one step easier for people to find them. This is disgraceful. How would you like people all over the internet linking to photos of you or your daughter naked. Private photos taken between partners have no business being abused this way.

Samantha Angell – yes we all have bodies but it is a person’s choice as to whether the whole world should see it. No one should take that choice away. It’s more than just a naked photo it’s an invasion of privacy, it’s theft and if you don’t see that I feel for you.

8. Tessa Smith says

9. aimee fauci says

When this happens to ‘celebrities’ I always have to ask myself… did they mean for it to happen… media attention.. I mean seriously.. it has happened before.. Oops my dirty video was stolen.. let me make a million $. I don’t know.. I also have to ask myself.. Why? If this was not done intentionally by the one that posed nude… Why even pose nude. and take a digital photo that is uploaded on to your computer.. which in these days .. nothing is private…

10. Sara says

This is what happens when people use their skills for evil.
    An invasion of privacy. Totally despicable.

11. Lavende & Lemonade says

Thats terrible. I’d rather not even know that they were out there…adding more fire to the drama..

12. Michelle de Guzman says

You know I remember a few years back when a sex tape was stolen from Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee. The lesson then as now is don’t take a picture you don’t want to share with the world.

13. Catherine S says

It is a shame people have to do things like this. We should all just respect one another.

14. Rebecca Swenor says

Here is my opinion on this subject we all are hearing about from everyone and everywhere. Just don’t take the pictures if you don’t want them seen. Thanks for sharing.

15. Patty says

16. Tracy Snyder says

It’s scary to think what’s out there to find for anyone willing to take he time and look. Thankfully I don’t have any bad or nude photos out there (not that anyone would look) because I always worried that they could pop up when I least expected it. So sad for Jennifer Lawrence.

17. aimee fauci says

18. Wanderin Poet says

I am firmly pro nude scandal!

19. Lavende & Lemonade says

20. Michelle de Guzman says

21. Catherine S says

22. Rebecca Swenor says

23. Tracy Snyder says

24. Roch says

Apple iCloud’s security should be put into question. It should explain how hacking is possible.

25. Taylor says

While yes I feel badly for these celebrities a large part of me questions why they take these photos in the first place. They know they are in the spotlight and that greedy people will do anything for money- so why put yourself in a situation to get hacked?

26. FamiGami says

It is inaccurate to say the photos were deleted. They were not. That’s the point of icloud – it is a backup. The photos were deleted from their phones, not from their accounts. This is a lesson in many things, not the least of which is that when you delete something on a cloud service, you are not deleting it – you’re deleting a COPY of it. Secondly, if these people valued their privacy, they wouldn’t have taken these photos to begin with or be celebrities. Third, there was no hack of icloud but a sophisticated ring of people that managed to guess these celebrities’ apparently very weak passwords. Those are the big lessons to learn from this folks so do the appropriate thing and secure your stuff!

27. Wanderin Poet says

I am firmly pro nude scandal!

28. Michelle F. says

That is horrible. I am glad they caught the guy.

29. Roch says

30. Taylor says

31. FamiGami says

32. Michelle F. says

That is horrible. I am glad they caught the guy.

33. Bonnie @ wemake7 says

Wow! That’s crazy. =( I guess they shouldn’t take pictures nude to begin with?

34. Mary Ann says

I don’t understand why people take pictures of themselves to begin with, if they don’t want others to see them. Just a thought.

35. jane says

heard that bitcoins again! well, i dont wanna blame anyone. but this time i have to blame the hacker because it is a private property of Jlaw. only bad people think of things like this.

36. Melissa Smith says

I’m over celebrities playing the victim when their nude photos get leaked. If you don’t want the world to see them, don’t take them. Especially in today’s day & age.

37. Bonnie @ wemake7 says

Wow! That’s crazy. =( I guess they shouldn’t take pictures nude to begin with?

38. Deanna Ritz says

This is so sad that nothing is private anymore. I feel bad for these celebrities. You have to be so careful.

39. Rosey says

It’s a shame people feel the need to invade the privacy of others. Whether that be online, through photos, or whatever. If you’re in someone else’s business, you’ve crossed a line, Period.

40. Mary Ann says

41. Chrissy M says

I don’t understand why they even take these photos but to each their own. Hackers have no life! She seems so awesome, sorry she is going through this.

42. jane says

43. Melissa Smith says

44. Deanna Ritz says

45. Rosey says

46. Chrissy M says

47. Kristen says

people should just leave them alone. I don’t understand why people care.

48. Andrea Kruse says

Okay, I have to snicker when I hear he is asking for Bitcoins. Sad te photos were leaked… but why have them? Why take them? Cautionary tale, I tell you.

49. Kristen says

people should just leave them alone. I don’t understand why people care.

50. Andrea Kruse says

51. Eliz Frank says

It’s a shame that some people thrive on making life miserable for others. The bigger issue is that, given our access today, it will be wise to avoid taking such photos.

52. Eliz Frank says

53. I really dnt understand, why cant people learn to give some respect to women 🙁 This is such an indecent thing happened

54. Aisha Kristine Chong says

I have heard of this from a friend. So sad.. I mean, celebrity or not, no one wants what happened. 🙁

55. I really dnt understand, why cant people learn to give some respect to women 🙁 This is such an indecent thing happened

56. Aisha Kristine Chong says

57. Patranila says

It seems that privacy is really a thing of the past. Sucks!

58. Patranila says

It seems that privacy is really a thing of the past. Sucks!

59. Swetha Singh says

Nice Post

Thanks & Regards,
    From Call Center Software.