Rosie O’Donnell Not Making Any Friends on Set of The View Because of bad Attitude

While The View is known for heated banter among the hosts, sometimes turning into full-blown debates, nothing on the show proved to be as intense as the fight that broke out in front of the audience during a commercial break. Radar Online reports that outspoken hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie O’Donnell were in an animated discussion during a “Hot Topic” session when Goldberg cut off O’Donnell during the middle of her passionate preaching about the subject. O’Donnell flew into a rage and the two had a war of words during the commercial break, for all the audience to see.

Unbeknownst to O’Donnell, Goldberg was told to cut to a commercial as the segment had run over. MailOnline reports that because O’Donnell reportedly refuses to wear an ear monitor, as her counterpart Goldberg does, she didn’t hear the producers’ direction to end the segment. O’Donnell has reportedly had it out for Goldberg since she came back to The View, but no longer as the show’s moderator. Now that Goldberg holds that title, it seems O’Donnell had some deep down hatred that came out over something completely unrelated. Based on how she spoke in front of the audience, it’s as though she seemed to want the audience to back her or take her side.

O’Donnell chose to address the situation by speaking directly to Goldberg, rather than taking their conversation to the side, using the group’s microphone to make sure everyone heard everything she said. While Goldberg tried to hold O’Donnell off until a more appropriate time for the conversation pleading, “This isn’t the time for this, Rosie,” Rosie shot back, “Well I just don’t appreciate you saying that you were going to do something and not doing it. It makes me upset and I just don’t want to have to go through this.” A heated Goldberg shot back with, “F*ck it, I told you to leave it alone and you just don’t want to listen. If you want to go there Rosie, I will dammit. I’m really sick of your sh*t!”

It wasn’t until new host Rosie Perez made a joke that the mood finally lightened. Just how long do you think these ladies will tolerate one another? Do you think Rosie was wrong for the way she handled the dispute? Tell us below!

Image credit: Cindy Barrymore/Fame Pictures

1. Caroe says

Rosie has not changed…I see…

1. Carole says

Here we go again…

2. judy says

Rosie is in desperate need of therapy and medication. S he seems to have some mental illness. Maybe bipolar.

1. T McCarthy says

I agree that Rosie is in need of therapy. She seems to have deep-seeded issues. This results in her being uber sensitive and defensive. She comes accross as being a bitter, hateful person.
        It’s sad, I used to love her.

2. wanda richardson says

Was there any doubt that Rosie would cause some kind of problem, when has she not????

3. tchris says

Surprise, surprise, surprise…..and everyone thought poor Rosie had always been the picked on lesbian celeb! When has she ever been anything but controversial and confrontational. I don’t watch the view anymore. All class left with Barbara Walters

4. Jerrie Bennett says

I just commented to a friend this week how improved “The View” is and how relaxed and more lively the show is. I felt everyone except Nicole (who is she) is seeming very authentic and comfortable with each other. Of course I was not privy to what happened during a commercial break and Rosie and Whoopie may have some difficulty communicating with each other, but it certainly didn’t show on air to me. Rosie is an intense personality and so is Whoopie. Intensity is entertaining to me as I have a tendency to be that way myself. Hopefully after Rosie understood that Whoopie had been told to go to break she also understood that Whoopie would never presume to stop her expression about something important to her. I would like to think of them as friends as both are such interesting and intelligent personalities.

5. Georga says

Rosie is rude and thinks everyone should bow down to her and that only her opinion matters. Get rid of her!

6. Jerrie Bennett says

I just commented to a friend this week how improved “The View” is and how relaxed and more lively the show is. I felt everyone except Nicole (who is she) is seeming very authentic and comfortable with each other. Of course I was not privy to what happened during a commercial break and Rosie and Whoopie may have some difficulty communicating with each other, but it certainly didn’t show on air to me. Rosie is an intense personality and so is Whoopie. Hopefully after Rosie understood that Whoopie had been told to go to break she also understood that Whoopie would never presume to stop her expression about something important to her. I would like to think of them as friends as both are such interesting and intelligent personalities.

7. Caroe says

Rosie has not changed…I see…

1. Carole says

Here we go again…

2. judy says

1. T McCarthy says

It’s sad, I used to love her.

8. wanda richardson says

9. LookingForANewView says

When Barbara Walters left, I stopped watching. The show isnt interesting to me anymore, regardless of who they have on there..

10. tchris says

11. Rita Green says

Both of them are filfty mouth pigs who need to start acting like ladies. Oh, wait a minute. Whoopie is a woman, and can act like a lady, but Rosie isn’t a woman.She’s a biological female who thinks she’s a man.So first she needs to act like a woman, the maybe she can act like a lady!

12. Aura says

I don’t agree in criticizing only Rosie. As much as I Love Woopi G, I believe that she could has waited to be alone with Rosie and out of the air to have the confrontation. They both must learn to take deep breaths and count to a million or more. Don’t allow the anger to control you people………!!!! I love The View

13. Allan says

I don’t understand why the media today gives so much exposure to miscreants like these. That’s why society is less civil and standards of conduct so low.

14. Lily Sandalwood says

I stopped watching the day that Rosie walked on stage. I almost left the view over Rosie and her attitude before. She spits venom where ever she goes. I will not come back until she is gone.

15. janie says

Oh, how I wish they’d fire Rosie. She is obnoxious and such a bully! She reminds me of Rosanne Barr in old days when she was also a loud, obnoxious, offensive personality. Rosie needs to go. As for the other 2 newbies, they are so weak. Feel sorry for Whoopi as she is trying to hold the show together, but that group just does not work. Rosie has NEVER been a team player. NEVER. It’s all about herself, herself, herself. Barbara, you chose the wrong person for The View. Frankly, I don’t even want to hear Rosie’s view!!

16. Jerrie Bennett says

17. Miriam says

That’s exactly why she was hired: to stir the sh-t. People love to watch conflict, and having O’Donnell on guarantees that it will happen. The producers knew exactly how to get the ratings for the lowest common denominator. Hire O’Donnell.

18. Anna says

I did not see what happened. No point watching the View with Rosie on it. Who wants to listen to her. She has nothing worthwhile to say and she is vulgar. Respect, class, elegance and intelligence has completely left television. It has become very trashy!

19. Georga says

20. koleL24 says

Was there a doubt? Rosie is so opinionated. She rarely allows others to disagree with her. Her politics are so left wing. She is not always wrong, but her delivery leaves supporters feeling defensive. Her sexuality has little to do with her attitude. The fact that this show has given her a platform, knowing her penchant for lecture rather than political sway, displays their need to draw an audience for the antics. Barbara Walters left, ratings drop, bring Rosie on and wait for the media blitz. She definitely is the goto girl for the outrageous and attention. Sad to see someone of Goldbergs character and status subjected to such treatment; by her employer, manager, and co-worker.

21. Jerrie Bennett says

22. arlene pasculli says

I will not watch the view anymore because that asshole Rosie is on the show again….watched for many years….but done w/it now….feel sorry for Whoopi and and the other hosts….think that is why the others left the show too…..it’s going down now!!!

23. LookingForANewView says

24. Rita Green says

25. Aura says

26. Allan says

27. Lily Sandalwood says

28. janie says

29. Anita says

I like The View now cause Rosie is there. She’s sharp, funny, opinionated but with certain class to deliver with tact. The woman is experienced to approach any audience, probably more than anybody in this new panel. I love Whoopi, I have great respect for her, she is smart woman and will prove it by finding the way to give respect not only to Rosie, but to the rest of the panel. And for the record, this was not the first time, cause I saw Whoopi upset with Rosie last week, when she ended the show saying “take a little time to enjoy the view”. I think both need to learn their boundaries.

30. Miriam says

31. Anna says

32. koleL24 says

33. arlene pasculli says

34. Caryl Miller says

I made a point of watching the first new show. Then it turned in to the same ‘ole screaming match with Rosie wanting the center stage. She just doesn’t realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Instead, she just wants to argue. I turned the channel and haven’t been back. I love Whoopi, the other 2 I really don’t know.

35. Anita says

36. Rosemarie Wieczorek says

I no longer watch this show sorry Whoopi I think your great but the rest of the crew drug this show down the drain. So said I thought it was a interesting show back the till everybody was departing. Whoopi I tip my hat to you for what you do or say your awesome!!

37. Caryl Miller says

38. shannon says

Rosie has and always will be rudely out spoken and confrontational. She sets off negative vibes and will hurt ratings… I think what she did to Whoopi and in front of audience was very disrespectful, fire her already!! I can’t stomach The View anymore since she came back. Bring back Barbara and the old crew. Love Whoopi and Rosie.. Stopped watching!!

39. Samantha C says

The View is OVER… No one has gets along like the old show.

40. Julie says

Rosie needs to get her own show where has she full control, no ear monitor, no producers, doesn’t need commercials/sponsors, rant as long as she wants. Her own opinions only no one elses opinion matters. The only classless person on the View is Rosie and is turning eveyone else off because of it. Gay or straight, if you have no class – you are an idiot. No one wants to watch idiocracy even when it is only 1 and there are other intelligent people on the show. The weakest link will bring this show down – Rosie (just in case ABC are reading).

41. Rosemarie Wieczorek says

42. D. Ellegonta says

Why is Rosie always leaning towards STRIFE, CONFLICT?
    ABC Network know “how” Rosie behaves…perhaps, they like it!
    Well, we do not! This show is going to get cancelled due to lack of watchers!
    I thnk that they are so many talented, kind hearted celebrities that can host the “VIEW”. Maybe, they can ASK my Mother to sit in Rosies place! lol

43. PAULETTE ALDIS says

Rosie O is too unpredictable. That could be a good thing at the right time. This was NOT the right time. It was an accident waiting to happen having Rosie O back. I used to really like Rosie O’Donnell. Even went to her live shows in Chicago four times. I was actually a contestant in a game and she was charming. She lost me when she and Chelsea Handler had that ignorant on air conversation about dwarfs. No class at all.

44. shannon says

45. Pat Stockton says

This why I stopped taping the View. I miss Whoopi but I will never watch the show again. Miss the old gang.

46. Samantha C says

The View is OVER… No one has gets along like the old show.

47. Crystal says

If Rosie would have just wore the ear piece this would not have been an issue. Rosie time to put on the big girl panties and stop acting so crazy. You are paid way to much to act like that. Just think not everyone gets a second chance don’t blow yours.

48. Julie says

49. dennis says

They should have never brought Rosie O’Donnell back.

50. Karen says

Rosie’s an “ASS” enough said.

51. D. Ellegonta says

Why is Rosie always leaning towards STRIFE, CONFLICT?
    ABC Network know “how” Rosie behaves…perhaps, they like it!
    Well, we do not! This show is going to get cancelled due to lack of watchers!

52. Artsyguy says

Rosie is the executive producer so not sure why she would be jealous of Whoopi as she has taken over the Barbara Walters seat. It sounds more like Rosie has something going on in her personal life that she takes out on the set. I have no issue with controversial or confrontational but lately Rosie (who I love) has been going too far. Maybe she regrets walking away from her hit show all those years ago. All seemed good on the show today.

53. PAULETTE ALDIS says

54. kim says

I knew it would not take long. Rosie at it again….she is the common denominator last time it was her and this time it is her causing problems… How unprofessional can she be?? I guess she is showing herf :>*&^ She is gonna try to make Whop leave the show… I don’t think that will happen! Rosie is disrespectful, unprofessional . Ugh! Whoppie stand your ground (like you needed me to tell you..lol)

55. Jaye says

What a beast she is. Why do they continue to bring her back to the show that is already awful.

56. ihavethat45 says

Whoopi doesn’t know how to segue, Rosie was flawless with the skill when she was the moderator and host of her own show. Rosie doesn’t need an earpiece because she’s really, really good at her job! Whoopi’s not good at this job at all.

57. Pat Stockton says

58. Crystal says

59. Shelley says

Having Rosie return to The View was the worst idea they’ve ever done. She is obnoxious, confrontational, opinionated, and unwilling to have a conversation without controversy and finger pointing fault. She sucks. The View has become unwatchable. I really like Whoopi. But, the women sitting in a forum platform has turned into hen pecking and arguments. A huge turnoff for me.

60. dennis says

They should have never brought Rosie O’Donnell back.

61. Karen says

Rosie’s an “ASS” enough said.

62. Artsyguy says

63. kim says

64. SCandle says

Who really cares?

65. Jaye says

66. ihavethat45 says

67. LEANNE says

THEY NEVER LEARN THEY KEEP REHIRING THE SAME PIG. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO LEARN THAT THAT IGNORANT BIG MOUTH NEEDS TO BE OFF THE SHOW. SURELY THERE MUST BE SOMEONE IN THE INDUSTRY THAT HAS MORE COMMON SENSE, CHARISMA, AND KNOWS NOT TO BE THE CONSTANT BIG MOUTH ON THE SHOW. THE RATING ARE HORRIBLE AND I WONDER WHY???

68. Sarah says

Is it too soon to start a fan revolt of boycotting all ABC advertisers until Rosie is fired, again? You and I knw it is inevitable. She is damaged goods, has been for years.

69. Elaine Sands says

They should start putting Lithium in her water on the set to help get her level to the therapeutic range and then maybe she won’t act out so much?

70. Shelley says

71. Elaine Civilett says

I’m so sick of Rosie! I use to love her when she had her talk show until her confrontation with Tom Selleck!! I dislike her immensely !! She always causes trouble !!
    I love Whoopie Goldberg and she doesn’t deserve this kind of abuse!! I don’t watch the view anymore once I heard Rosie would be on t he show!! I knew it would NOT be long before she sink her teeth into Whoopie !!
    Do yourself a favor and get rid of her she is ruining your show!!

72. Elaine Civilett says

Do yourself a favor and get rid of her she is ruining your show!!

73. KATHY LOESCHEN says

THE VIEW LOST ITS’ APPEAL WHEN JOY BEHAR LEFT.WHOPPIE WON’T BE ABLE TO SAVE IT ALONE.

74. SCandle says

Who really cares?

75. LEANNE says

76. Sarah says

77. Elaine Sands says

78. Elaine Civilett says

Do yourself a favor and get rid of her she is ruining your show!!

79. Elaine Civilett says

Do yourself a favor and get rid of her she is ruining your show!!

80. KATHY LOESCHEN says