Camille Cosby Releases Statement On Bill Cosby’s Rape Allegations

Camille Cosby Releases Statement On Bill Cosby's Rape Allegations

Camille Cosby has opened up in a statement when speaking out against allegations that her husband Bill Cosby allegedly drugged and sexually assaulted over two dozen women. Camille has obviously been drinking her husband’s kool-aid because she came out swinging in defense of her husband despite the mounting evidence around the allegations.

Her statement via CBS Evening News’ Twitter:

Statement of Camille O. Cosby

I met my husband, Bill Cosby, in 1963, and we were married in 1964. The man I met, and fell in love with, and whom I continue to love, is the man you all knew through his work. He is a kind man, a generous man, a funny man, and a wonderful husband, father and friend. He is the man you thought you knew.

A different man has been portrayed in the media over the last two months. It is the portrait of a man I do not know. It is also a portrait painted by individuals and organizations whom many in the media have given a pass. There appears to be no vetting of my husband’s accusers before stories are published or aired. An accusation is published, and immediately goes viral.

We all folowed the story of the article in “Rolling Stone” concerning allegations of rape at the University of Virginia. The story was heart-breaking, but ultimately appears to be proved to be untrue. Many in the media were quick to link that story to stries about my husband — until that story unwound.

None of us will ever want to be in the position of attacking a victim. But the question should be asked — who is the victim?

Camille Cosby is on the Cosby money train, so naturally she wouldn’t want to speak out against her husband even if he is guilty. What do you think?

Photo Credit: Fame/Flynet

1. mc93 says

I think Camille believes what she is saying, but I don’t think you can ignore so many allegations. Yes, when you are famous you have the occasional person looking to score money, but too many women have come forward, from all levels of the industry, they cannot all be lying. I think it is also telling that none of his Cosby Show fellow actors have come out and angrily said, “This is not true, he would never!” Their silence speaks volumes.

2. mc93 says

3. barbara says

do I believe he had sex with all these women absolutely! do I believe it was rape absolutely not! how does an intelligent women willingly take unknown drugs just because a man told her to! if you go up to his room you know you going for sex!!!! why take pills? was he wrong chasing all these women and cheating on his wife absolutely if I was camille I’d take half of everything he had now and in the future and go my separate way! this is all about money
    and maybe he should have paid them before it went public! but to now try and ruin him is just so wrong on many levels
    jmo

4. barbara says

jmo

5. Kia Soto says

I agree with Camille so many were “victims” but decided now to say something 20 years later boy bye…

6. Kia Soto says