Bruce Jenner Reveals ‘I Am A Woman’ In Diane Sawyer Interview

Bruce Jenner Reveals 'I Am A Woman' In Diane Sawyer Interview

Bruce Jenner has finally confirmed what the media has been saying for the past year, that he’s actually a transgender woman going through her sex change transition.

In the highly publicized interview with Diane Sawyer, Bruce Jenner admitted, “Yes, for all intents and purposes, I’m a woman. People look at me differently. They see this macho male, but this female side is part of me, it’s who I am. I was not genetically born that way.”

Bruce also admitted that he [he preferred the pronoun ‘he’ during the interview] had been taking male-to-female hormones for the past year, but had not yet made up his mind about gender reassignment surgery.

Of course, the interview touched upon all aspects of his sex change, including his family’s reaction to the truth. Bruce says that his children took the news well, adding, “They all cried, mainly because they don’t want anybody to hurt Dad.” However, he also made a poignant last statement about all of his time in the spotlight, especially recently, explaining, “The one real true story in the family was the one I was hiding, and nobody knew about it. The one thing that could really make a difference in people’s lives was right here in my soul, and I could not tell that story.”

Well, he’s finally telling it, and people are genuinely moved by it. The transgender community has been vilified for far too long, for something that’s out of their control. Bruce Jenner made an incredibly brave decision to come out with the truth, and he’s forged ahead in telling that truth. Plus, we know that E! will be documenting his full transition into a woman, even though it’s still not clear whether he’ll move forward with the gender reassignment surgery.

What do you guys think about Bruce Jenner’s interview with Diane Sawyer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

1. RnR says

It’s Jenner’s choice, yet this story reminds of the fairytale by Hans Christian Andersen ~ “The Emperor’s New Clothes” ~

2. RnR says

3. Diana Villa says

I think he is just a person like everyone else, I hope he finds happiness 🙂

4. Jeanine says

I didn’t watch it. I don’t have an opinion one way or another. It’s not my business. I think as long as he’s happy that’s all that matters. I don’t judge, and support everyone. I do think it’s being played out too much in the media, and yes I do believe it’s great for the community etc however I’m just sick of that family period (nothing to do with this)

5. Diana Villa says

I think he is just a person like everyone else, I hope he finds happiness 🙂

6. Terri Ramsey Beavers says

I’ve been wondering if she was ever going to confess what we all already knew by her new look. I wish her all the luck in the world even though it might take me a few times to remember to say she instead of he from now on.

7. Jeanine says

8. John Lopez says

What really? I hope he find his happiness and we cannot blame him whatever he chose.

9. lisa @bitesforbabies says

Everyone has the right to live their life the way they feel they should…kudos to him for taking this step in his life with pride and positivity!

10. Chubskulit Rose says

It’s nice that his family suppurts what he wants to do. That is the most important hing you can have when going through thius kind of ordeal.

11. CourtneyLynne says

ahhhh for as much as I HATE the Kardashians…. Hubby and I did watch this on Friday. Such a brave thing he did. If it takes someone in the Kardashian clan to actually make a difference for something positive, then I guess I support it 😉

12. Terri Ramsey Beavers says

13. John Lopez says

14. lisa @bitesforbabies says

15. Chubskulit Rose says

16. Tammilee Tips says

I think its amazing that he has such great support from his family! I haven’t seen the interview yet though.

17. CourtneyLynne says

18. Tammilee Tips says

19. Robin Gagnon says

To each their own. He is certainly more dignified than the rest of that clan. More power to him.

20. Robin Gagnon says

21. DogVills says

I find he is brave. It is not an easy decision to take. i LOVED the interview

22. Krystal says

It just is something that must have been so hard to do in the spotlight! Can’t believe there were over like 400 episodes of the Kardashians and the true story wasn’t told!

23. DogVills says

I find he is brave. It is not an easy decision to take. i LOVED the interview

24. Maria-Teresa Andreacchi says

I think this is being blown up way to much. People all over the world are currently undergoing the exact same transition. However I do admire the support his family is giving him.

25. Krystal says

26. Maria-Teresa Andreacchi says

27. Kim Propp says

I’ts okay but I can’t believe but now I believed lol I wish he can find her true happiness.

28. Kim Propp says

29. Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen says

I was really surprised about his revelation but that’s his choice… hope he finds his true happiness.

30. Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen says