General Hospital Spoilers: What Really Happened To Willow’s Father?

General Hospital Spoilers: Willow Tait (Katelyn MacMullen) General Hospital spoilers tease that there is much more to the story of Willow Tait’s (Katelyn MacMullen) father than meets the eye. Some General Hospital fans think her father is Dr. Neil Byrne (Joe Flanigan), because he has a wife and daughter that are no longer on the scene. He was also hesitant about trying cult exit therapy because of a prior disastrous experience, but that doesn’t make any sense.

These fans point to Harmony Miller (Inga Cadranel) being the wife and Willow being the daughter. If this had happened when Willow was a small child or a baby not old enough to have known her father, then it may have made sense.

But Dr. Byrne and Willow saw each other when Kristina Corinthos-Davis (Lexi Ainsworth) was in the Corinthos safe house beginning the exit therapy and there was no hint of recognition between them.

General Hospital Spoilers – More To Her Father’s Passing?

When Willow told her boyfriend, Detective Harrison Chase (Josh Swickard) about her father’s passing, it seemed like there was more to the story. Although it could have just been that the grief is still fresh, and she couldn’t say the word “died”.

It almost seemed like her father took his own life, or she may have just been told that he did, and he could reappear. Or he could even have been murdered by Shiloh Archer (Coby Ryan McLaughlin) or one of his “Dawnies”.

There is one possibility of an indirect connection between Willow, Harmony, and Willow’s father, and that is that he could have gone to Dr. Byrne himself as a patient. But Harmony and Willow undoubtedly would have been part of his needing therapy, even if Dr. Byrne didn’t try exit therapy on Willow, who obviously doesn’t need it now, or Harmony, unless this happened long, long ago.

General Hospital Spoilers – An Unsuccessful Exit Therapy?

However, Willow’s father could have come to Dr. Byrne seeking his help, like Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard) did for Kristina. Dr. Byrne, although seeming brusque and detached at times, as psychiatrists have to do out of self-protection for their own hearts and psyches, seems to have a healer’s heart.

If he had tried exit therapy on them with it being unsuccessful and the father taking his own life because of it, of course he’d be hurt over it and be hesitant to try it again with another family! In this scenario, whatever happened to his own wife and daughter would be a separate incident, although it is possible that they too went into Dawn of Day or perhaps another cult.

Either way, there seems to be more to both the stories of what happened to Willow’s father and Dr. Byrne’s wife and daughter. Stay tuned to General Hospital and keep checking General Hospital spoilers frequently for all the latest news, updates and developments!

We’ll give you updates as other GH news and rumors emerge. General Hospital airs on ABC. As always, more detailed Spoilers and Breaking news will appear here on Hollywood Hiccups!

1. Guest says

Yes. I think he’s Alexis’ therapist.

2. Guest says

Yes. I think that Neil Byrne and Harmony are Willow’s biological parents. I think Harmony first joined Dawn of Day year’s ago when she and Neil were young. She got pregnant, Neil got out, tried to get her an Kali (Willow) out, and Harmony wouldn’t leave. If Willow was a baby or young child then it makes sense why he didn’t recognize her at the safe house. That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it!

1. Guest says

Only I think she is Nina’s and they adopted her and Harmony left with her when she was very young. Been thinking that for a while! As soon as she and Nina started having so much trouble with each other it made me think they would turn out to be her daughter! Why else would they have them fighting so much?

3. lbc says

Due to Neil and Willow seeming to have similar backgrounds, don’t understand why so many feel there is a connection between them. In my opinion, this is too obvious. I’m not sure who Willow’s father may end up being at this time, and not even sure if Harmony is Willow’s birth mother. The same in my opinion goes with Kiki supposedly being Nina’s daughter and then the story changed when the actress left the show. Now that Kiki is off canvas, it would be a real twist if it were revealed that Kiki was Nina’s daughter – but I am sure that won’t happen. I just want the DOD story line and all of the sub plots ended very soon.

4. Guest says

Yes. I think he’s Alexis’ therapist.

5. Guest says

1. Guest says

6. lbc says

7. Guest says

Yes I do. I’m hoping she is Nina’s daughter.

8. Guest says

Yes I do. I’m hoping she is Nina’s daughter.