The Young and the Restless star Jason Thompson who plays Billy Abbott in Genoa City, Wisconsin on the popular Daytime Soap is celebrating a birthday today. (November 20, 2020) In celebration of his birthday, we decided to compose 5 things you need to know about Jason.
Enjoy The List And Make Sure To Head Over To Twitter, RIGHT HERE, And Wish Jason A Very Happy Birthday!
GH Spoilers: He Debuted On General Hospital In 2005
1. Jason was born Jason Craig Thompson on November 20, 1976, and he is a Scorpio. The Canadian actor has portrayed Billy Abbott on the CBS sudser The Young and the Restless since 2016. Prior to joining Y&R, he debuted on General Hospital in 2005 as arrogant neurosurgeon Dr. Patrick Drake.
In 2007, Jason joined the cast of the General Hospital spin-off General Hospital: Night Shift; he pulled double duty on both GH’s! On April 1, 2015, Jason had the honor of portraying legendary GH character Steve Hardy in a flashback for the show’s 52nd anniversary.
2. Jason was discovered at the age of 16 by model scout Kelly Streit of mode models. Two years later he left home for a modeling career. During his time modeling, he did three high profile television commercials for Gap in 1999. But he always wanted to be an actor!
3. Jason eventually collected a ton of television, film, and theater credits including lead roles in the plays The Academy, More Than You, and Jakob. His film credits include Wishmaster: The Prophecy Fulfilled and Divide. His tv credits include Felicity, Flipper, and Castle. Without a doubt, his most well-known role was that as one-half of Scrubs on GH—but his role as Billy Abbott is gaining traction!
GH Spoilers: He Was Nominated Five Times In The Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
4. Jason’s Dr. Drake was the son of Noah Drake (Rick Springfield). In one plot Patrick donated a part of his liver to save his father’s life. Patrick and Dr. Robin Scorpio became a super couple and now live off-screen. Thompson last appeared on GH on January 7, 2016.
— SOS/CTS/HH (@SoapOperaSpy) November 19, 2020
Jason’s role as Billy Abbott in The Young and the Restless was announced in December 2015, and he debuted on January 10, 2016. He was nominated five times in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series as Patrick Drake and he was nominated and won in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series category as Billy Abbott in 2020.
5. Jason and his longtime girlfriend, Paloma Jonas, married on April 5, 2015, in San Pancho, Mexico. The couple has a son named Bowie Banjo who was born on May 23, 2016, and they have a daughter named Rome Coco, who was born on September 20, 2017.
Be sure to catch up on everything happening with Y&R right now. Come back here often for Young and the Restless spoilers, news, and updates.